23 August 2006

Knitflix Swap questionnaire

I'm a member of Jennifer's Knitflix Swap. I'll share some of the answers to her questionnaire if you'll share some of yours...

1. What is your favorite film genre? (comedy, drama, thriller, horror, sci-fi, adventure, action)
I like indie and quirky films best - Barton Fink, Ghost World, Magnolia, Amelie, etc. If John Malkovich or Jeremy Irons is in a film, though, I like it, regardless!

2. List 3-5 of your favorite films and why you like them.
Magnolia - fantastic actors and acting, multiple storylines that come together, Aimee Mann's music (!), a bit of magical realism.
Barton Fink - great acting (esp. John Goodman), hilarious lines, and a storyline about writing/creativity.
The Day the Earth Stood Still - Michael Rennie's dead-on portrayal of an alien with a necessary and devastating message (still relevant, maybe more so now), just riveting. I've loved this movie since I was a child, and I still do.
Ghost World (which I don't have) - again, the topic of creativity, quirky characters portrayed beautifully, Bill Macy (another favorite - he was SO
good in Fargo and Con Air)
Breakfast at Tiffany's - everything!
The Parent Trap (Hayley Mills version) - it's a guilty pleasure.

3. Do you like foreign films? Would it annoy you to watch a film with subtitles if you are knitting/crafting?
I like foreign films, but I can't watch them and knit.

4. Is there a movie that you’ve always wanted to see but haven’t?
Swann in Love

5. Do you have any favorite actors?
Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich

************************
I've posted about my Summer Reading Challenge over at Tea Reads. Oh well.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich are incredible actors. Did you ever see Being John Malkovich. Talk about quirky. It also had another one of my favorite actors, John Cusack.