06 February 2009
Friday fill-ins on a bad day ; a/k/a don't mess with me, please
1. Please don't tell me that I look pale and should put on some makeup. I don't do makeup. I won't cut my hair. This is what a middle-aged woman looks like. (Yes, this has been an issue lately. Yes, teabirds can snarl.)
2. Can you leave me the hell alone in the morning until I've had some tea? Please?
3. The color periwinkle makes me want to knit a periwinkle shawl to wrap myself in when the world is too sharp-edged.
4. I have a craving for a silent retreat.
5. If my life had a pause button, I'd pause it often.
6. Eyes are the blurry windows from without and within.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching a few more episodes of the second season of "The Invaders," tomorrow my plans include knitting a quick pair of fingerless gloves to help me cope with a workplace that lost its heat and doesn't know when it will find it, and Sunday, I want to knit with (very tolerant) friends. (Note: the original fill-ins form ends this sentence with an exclamation point, but my head aches and the punctuation felt like a damned dagger.)