27 January 2009
Paula tagged me for the Sleepy Meme. If my answers make me sound like a Zombie, so be it.
1. How long do you sleep each night? Um, I never was good at fractions. Let's see, 1 1/2 hours plus 3 3/4 hours plus a few minutes before my legs begin to twitch... Maybe 4-5 hours?
2. Do you fall asleep easily? Only at 3:oo in the afternoon, which makes me pretty unresponsive at work. Seriously, I've always been able to fall asleep in the afternoon. Weekend naps are more luxurious than dark chocolate, silk, or even a new fountain pen. (I may be exaggerating.)
3. Do you fall asleep at times not in your bed? No, that's my husband. I've actually seen him fall asleep on his feet, like a horse.
4. Do you listen to music or use white noise to sleep? I've become quite the addict to Coast to Coast AM, even though I miss Art Bell. I can never get enough of shadow people or government conspiracies that hide the fact, FACT, that many of our military advances were stolen from aliens from the Pleiades.
5. Do you sleep through the night or get up a couple of times? See #1. I come from a tradition of nocturnal roaming women. (Do not snicker. I'm warning you.). Once, when my grandmother and mother and I were sharing a small house, we spent most of the night walking into each other.
6. Do you have trouble sleeping away from your own bed? See #1.
7. Do you need an alarm clock to get you up? Nope.
8. Do you ever take medication to help you sleep? Yes. Lots. Tranquilizers plus a couple of Vicodins are a nice combo.(Kidding! unless I have a migraine.In that case, add ice behind my neck and the Goldberg Variations (Glenn Gould, either version), and I can sleep (nearly) through a migraine. Or at least part of one.)
9. Do you/have you slept with pets? Oh yes. I've had cats. Any questions?