I was tagged for this one by Anna. Ok, then.
1. Like Anna, I wear no makeup. I never have, except for two periods in my life when, in retrospect, I needed to hide behind a mask. (In 1967, for example, I used black eyeliner and black mascara immoderately. Yes, I painted Twiggies. Yes, I pasted a sequin next to my left eye. Yes, yes, and yes. And yes, I used hypoallergenic makeup, else it would have been streaked down my face from all the tearing.)
2. I loathe being outside. As Woody Allen (hissssssss... ) once said, "I am at two with nature." There are three exceptions: reading or knitting in my gazebo, walking on the boardwalk by the beach at night, and rambling through the Bayard Cutting Arboretum.
3. I am most comfortable in black clothes. When necessary, I will wear a colored top, but it can not be bright, and it can not be patterned.
4. I do not consider physical proximity necessary for close friendships. I've had pen-and-ink friends for decades, and I've developed some very close on-line friendships. Sometimes I regret not being able to meet these women for tea or a movie or a ramble on the boardwalk at night, but --
5. I always have identified with Franny from Franny and Zooey even though she is not a particularly appealing character. The only trait that I share with her is a complete intolerance of ego-driven actions, whether they are the actions of others or my own.
6. Although I am a clumsy, accident-prone woman, and (understatement ahead --> not slim, I am very light on my feet - so much so that my husband has threatened to put a bell around my neck. I do not feel light on my feet - in fact, I feel like an elephant- but I have startled so many people by *materializing* in front of them that I have to believe it.
THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things about you.” People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you are tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
So, I hereby tag.... Bridget, Stephanie, Paula, Kim (sorry 'bout that), Janet, and Pixie Girl.