07 October 2006

Intuition

I always am amazed and delighted by the intuition, insight, and generosity of swap partners. Yesterday, I received a package from Karen of Knit2, Blog 1 , my partner in Craftlilly's Knitflix swap. This was not a secret swap; we were encouraged to get to know our partners. Karen and I exchanged a few e-mails, and I learned that she was in the midst of a hectic time, and that she was entering a more hectic time because of her career in retailing (which, as we know, is institutionalized Bedlam!)

Never the less, she put together a lovely package of lovely things for me. (When my camera behaves again, I'll add a photo to this post.) The film she chose from the ones I suggested was the one I wanted most - "Swann in Love," with Jeremy Irons (who can do no wrong) as Swann. To accompany the film, she sent a package of delicate ginger cookies (ambrosia, any kind of ginger cookie, especially the crisp, delicate ones), a box of Stash Fusion Green & White tea, four balls of Elsabeth Lavold Chunky AL in moss, and - how did she know that I collect books and calendars of knit stitches? - The Knitting Stitch Bible, which will join my two collections by Barbara Walker, my Vogue collection of knitting stitches, and my knitting stitch calendar as books that I read like novels, imagining yarns to go with the stitches and the projects I want to make.

Thank you, Karen! And thank you, Jennifer, for putting together this swap!

3 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

Isn't it terrific when serendipity strikes! Well, you did get to know each other a little, but still...I hope you enjoy those ginger cookies (they sound yummy!)
(((hugs)))

Jennifer said...

Yay for fun and thoughtful packages! I'm glad you guys had a good time with the swap.

Karen said...

So glad you liked your package! Let me know how that tea is...I've been wanting to try it for a while. :) Can't wait to see what you do with the yarn!