25 June 2006

Reading reading reading

Well, it took me 3 weeks to decide what stitch to use for my Wuthering Heights project - a shawl, using the yarn I posted about earlier and a razor shell lace stitch. I've done about 3" of the shawl. Think I'll have it done by the first week in July? Nah... Especially not when I want to do something for the next KTC book, A Passage to India.

I'm having a good time, learning about the inner workings of KTC and fumbling through some of my new responsibilities there.

I did finish a wonderful book - Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - you can read my musings about the book over at Tea Reads. It's the second book I've finished for my Summer Reading Challenge. I'm actually on target. Even though I've only completed two of the books, I'm simultaneously reading the very dense and delicious biography of Virginia Woolf, and Lolita will be the August book for KTC. Thanks again to Amanda for putting forth this challenge! Not only am I reading more books, but I'm also thinking about them more closely. It's always a good thing to slow down and pay attention!


2 comments:

Jenni said...

I love all the Reading challenge too! I am getting so much accomplished and reading books that I probably wouldn't have read otherwise.

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you are on track with your challenge! So far I am too, but I don't think it will last.