19 April 2006

Wiki trivia

This is a cute meme:

Do a Wikipedia search of your birthdate, but leave out the year. List three interesting events, three people who were born, and three people who died on that day.

Events:
1427 - First band of gypsies visits Paris.
1953 - First meeting of Narcotics Anonymous meets in So. California.
1998 - Bill Clinton admits in taped testimony that he had an "improper physical relationship" with Monica Lewinsky. On the same day he admits before the nation that he "misled people" about his relationship. (I can't help it if something utterly idiotic happened on my birthday, can I?)

Births:
1893 - Mae West
1930 - Ted Hughes
1960 - Sean Penn

Deaths:
1973 - Conrad Aiken
1983 - Ira Gershwin
1990 - Pearl Bailey

This isn't part of the meme, but..... it might be interesting to see how people chose what they found "interesting."

The events I chose are all a little "off" or colorful: Gypsies, addicts, our country going insane over consensual sex. One must have been a spectacle, and two were sad responses to this country's insane addiction (ahem) to controlling our behaviour. (Yes, I believe that almost all recreational drugs should be legal, available in unadulterated form in pharmacies, part of the tax base, and taken out of the realm of "morality.")

The people whose births and deaths I chose are all creative sorts, passionate and innovative artists.

Your turn.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mae West! That's fabulous. I love her! You got some interesting results.

Maven said...

I was tickled Bill Clinton shares the same bday as me.

Carrie K said...

August --- 13th? Now I have to check.

Once they make recreational drugs legal, I predict that they will then proceed to demonizing them. Look at cigarettes. Alcohol. It's only the banned ones that people love.