I've seen this meme on other blogs, and it looks like fun. Let's see if it is...
Ten random things you might not know about me:
1. I take longer to select the pen I'm going to write with than to select my clothing.
2. I used to be a musician.
3. I collect watches.
4. my hair is long - down to my waist - and mostly grey.
5. my husband and I both kept our names when we married.
6. I worship the moon.
7. when I'm upset, I hum to soothe myself.
8. I have alternated between being a complete vegetarian and adding fish to my diet since I was in my teens.
9. I often smell things that are not real. Sometimes, that's really lovely, like when I smell roses or the sea.
10. I love Emily Dickinson.
Nine places I've visited:
2. San Francisco
4. Los Angeles
6. Washington, D.C.
7. New York City
8. Brooklyn (which, really, is a different world than the rest of NYC)
Eight ways to win my heart:
1. make me laugh
2. rub my feet
3. draw something for me
4. give me a pen
5. cook for me
6. laugh at my jokes
7. write me a letter, with pen and ink
8. introduce me to some new music
Seven things I want to do before I die:
1. write a novel
2. see the Northern Lights
3. visit Venice
4. visit Paris
5. knit a lace shawl
6. take a blimp ride
7. vote for a presidential candidate I really, really like
Six things I'm afraid of:
1. being incapacitated
2. being financialy dependent
3. being blocked, creatively, forever
4. violent crime
6. accidentally eating peanuts
Five things I don't like:
2. fundamentalism of any kind
3. weather forecasters who exaggerate
4. cold feet
Four ways to turn me off:
1. proselytize about anything. ANYTHING!
3. assume that you have the right to touch me
4. be disrespectful to those who are not as fortunate as you
Three things I do every day:
1. hug my husband
2. drink tea. much tea.
3. wash dishes (which, actually, I enjoy)
Two things that make me happy:
1. my husband
2. the moon
One thing on my mind right now:
1. I wish I had time to work on the novel I started for nanomowri.
OK, now. Kim? You're IT.