31 October 2005

I love Halloween, so put another dime in the jukebox, baby

Good afternoon. And it is a good afternoon. I love Halloween!

At the library this morning, we had the parade of the little ones, including a baby shark, two sunflowers, Darth Vader and his little son Luke Skywalker, and pumpkins pumkpins pumpkins!

(I have a pumpkin muffin from Dunkin' Donuts for afternoon break. Would you like to share? It's especially good with peach tea.)

I'm dressed all in black today (not terribly unusual for me), with orange socks (also not unusual for me), a fun fur scarf that I knitted (black with orange and orange-red bobbles, courtesy of Lion Brand), and a black velvet witch's hat (given to me this morning by one of the woman I work with). I've been told that the hat looks good on me. In fact, I've been told so many times that I'm becoming rather paranoid about it.

Some of the other women dressed up, too. Recently, Sam dreamed that Mary came to work in a fancy evening dress and bunny slippers. Mary came in today in a copper lame outfit and plush monkey slippers. Sam dissolved....

The winner this year (as always) is Sharon, the Queen of Visual Puns. One year, she wore a long black wig, red wax lips, and a sweatshirt with many crochet hooks dangling from it. She was ......... the Happy Hooker.

Today she is wearing a tee shirt with numbers stuck all over it. Can you guess what she is?
..................

........................

..............................

........................................


Give up? She's someone you can count on.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: