08 November 2010

The Mind's Eye

The Mind's EyeThe Mind's Eye by Oliver Sacks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was a little less in love with this book than with his others - maybe I was uncomfortable with the immediacy of his own vision loss, since that hits closer to home than many of his other case studies? I don't know. I was fascinated, of course, with many of his patients, especially the ones who discussed stereo vs. mono vision, and the blind patients who disagreed with each other about whether they still used visual cues to navigate the world. 



View all my reviews

3 comments:

Shani said...

I love the title - conjures up all kinds of ideas...
Best wishes
Shani

Carrie K said...

I have to read this. The stereo vs mono debate sounds interesting. I hear all about stereo sight but it makes no sense to me. Not really.

PJ said...

I added this book to my 'list'. It brings up some creative thoughts...