11 June 2009

Thursday tea

Thursday Tea is a weekly meme hosted by Anastasia at Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog.

The tea: Black Pearl from Lipton. Nothing fancy, nothing expensive - just a very delicious black tea from Sri Lanka with a lovely, lingering flavour. I drink it plain, no sugar, especially at work. Lovely stuff.

The book: The Forest Lover by Susan Vreeland, a novel about the life of Emily Carr. (See yesterday's post for an example of Carr's painting.) I'm loving this book as much as the other novels she's written about painters (all of which are on my night table to be read, or read again). The prose takes you there, whether it's inside the home of a basket-weaver, or in Paris where she discovers that Fauve and Post-Impressionist art can merge her artistic vision to her artistic technique.

Do they go together? Hmmm. Interesting. The novel takes place in a strict Canadian homestead, Native villages, and Paris. I would say that any tea would "go" with one of those places. Alas, the plain black tea would be most likely found in the most repressive of these, but since I loathe herbal teas and shy away from most flavored black ones, I guess I'll have to say that the novel goes with me, and so does my tea.

5 comments:

Beth F said...

I haven't read any Vreeland, but she's on my wish list. I agree that the tea sounds like a prefect match.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Interesting. Have you read Tulip Fever? I believe it is fiction but I found it a great read.

That looks like a nice tea to check out!

Carrie K said...

The book sounds interesting. Black or green tea are my favorites. If, y'know, there is no coffee for miles.

Donna Lee said...

I thought I was the only one who didn't like herbal teas. I like a good cup of plain tea. I like my tea to taste like tea. However, I am doomed to a life of decaf ( my bp does not respond well to caffeine). Unfortunately, when we go out, decaf means herbal. yuck.

Becca said...

I haven't done a Thursday Tea post in a month I don't think! I need to go get some more tea. It is hard to remember when it is summertime! Great post.