- cupcakes (however, not these particular cupcakes)
- weaving, and how dangerous it will be if one of us gets a loom, because then all of us will want looms
- the little "Hazel Rose" loom I just bought
- how the word "text" derives from "textile"
- movies that feature cannibalism (including "Eating Raoul," and "The Cook/thief/wife/lover") (but I forgot to mention "Delicatessen," so next time I see Lars, I'll have to add to our list)
- Italo Calvino's If on a winter's night...
- Cryptomonicon and Snow Crash
- a (ssssssssshhhhhh) secret about knitting inspiration from a certain opera
- new and inventive names for swine flu (my contribution, which has since been seen around the blogosphere, was to combine avian and swine flu to make "when pigs fly flu")
- the utter gorgeousness of everyone (else's) knitting, etc.
- "Barton Fink" and "Fargo," including my story of how my DH and I saw it in a theater and were laughing hysterically while the rest of the audience was very, very quiet
- John Malkovich ("Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich)
- cupcakes (did I mention cupcakes?)
- knitted chickens
- knitted "oh heavens, think of the children" things
- knitted cupcakes
- Tudor everything
- tiny medieval carvings at the Cloisters
- dinosaurs and gems
12 May 2009
of cupcakes and cannibals
Not even with the help of my journal could I untangle what's been going on in my life lately. (Next time around, can at least some of my times NOT be interesting? Please??) I started to write a post almost 2 weeks ago, and just - well - didn't, but I did make some notes about things we talked about at our Sunday Ravelry knitting group. I'll share.