05 December 2008

Friday fill-ins

Friday Fill-ins

1. Snow days are gifts from the heavens. We haven't had many for the last few years, which suits my (snow-shoveller) husband, who can't really relax because he knows he'll have to go Out There eventually. (We're celebrating our 20th anniversary this Sunday. How rare is a man who cares enough to shovel out a path to the spot beneath the tree where our wild bunnies come for their carrots?)

2. I'm looking forward to settling down with Women's Work, the first 20,000 years this weekend.

3. My Lamy Safari fountain pens is have the best xf nibs - they never give me a moment's grief. (Some with xf nibs clog or start out scratchy. These are perfect. (And, I love Lamy cartridges because they have a tiny reservoir at the top. When you run out of ink, you can tap the top and get a few more words written...)

4. One of my favorite old tv shows is "The Patty Duke Show." Guess which cousin I identified with? My husband and I have been watching another favorite, "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." for the past few weeks. I have fallen in love - again - with Illya Kuryakin. (Yes, Lisa, you can go home again.)

5. I'm done with nothing. I'm still living, learning, breathing, and curious. (In fact, I don't even understand this prompt.)

6. The most enjoyable thing around the holidays is listening to "Good King Wenceslaus" sung by the Roches, and then counting the days until the holidays are OVER.

7. And as for the weekend, I'm looking forward to see #2 and #4. And maybe some knitting.

11 comments:

ShannonW said...

Have a great weekend and thank you for visiting me.

Stephanie said...

That's the Christmas song that I often get stuck in my head. It's weird that I even know the words to it because I can't for the life of me remember ever learning it.

Cindy said...

We love the Roches around here! My husband introduced me to them years ago. I'm looking forward to the holiday mainly because I love having the kids home, but I'll be glad when all the hoopla is over. Enjoy your reading and viewing this weekend.

Jerralea said...

I'm enjoying reading every body's favorite old TV shows. I certainly remember The Man from U.N.C.L.E. and the Patty Duke Show. I'd love to see them again ...

Rooie said...

Oh, Illya....yum. I watch NCIS just to watch David McCallum again.

jlshall said...

I notice several people have mentioned Lamy fountain pens in today's Fill-Ins - guess I'm gonna have to try one. I always love the Roches' "Hallelujah Chorus" - and anything else they do! Have a great weekend.

Carrie K said...

Cathy?

It does seem odd to realize Ducky is Ilya sometimes.

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Paula said...

Oh Patty Duke and Man from U.N.C.L.E, I will have to chek netflix for them.
I haven't seen them in 20 years!
Speaking of 20,
Happy Anniversary!
and what a dear to make a path for the bunnies!

sunt_lacrimae_rerum said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! That's great!


I liked Patty Duke too, but I wish that the line "a hot dog makes her lose control" would get out of my head after these 40 years or so.

Of course I wanted my own private Cathy, with her Ballet Russe and Crepes Suzette on hand. My cousins never resembled me at all.

Merrily we roll along said...

LOVED the Patty Duke show!
I know the words to the theme song even(not that THAT is amazing..lol)
YES about Ilya
I wish we could get those shows here..
Happy New Year!
I am not with blogger so you can visit me at
http://merrimerri.wordpress.com
:)