24 October 2008
peeping out from my hidey-hole, and Friday Fill-Ins
I've been unusually fortunate in the book contests I've won lately. This week, I received The Memoirist by M.J. Rose from Sarah at Reading the Past. Thank you, Sarah! I always enjoy Sarah's reviews of obscure books, such as A Song for Marguerite by Maureen Peters, and I love her link to Reusable Cover Art.
I'm having a wonderful time reading Cassandra and Jane, which is whetting my appetite for biographies of Jane Austen beyond the one by Carol Shields. I have Becoming Jane Austen lined up as well as a collection of Austen's letters - any other suggestions ?
1. Right now, I'm feeling weary, and glad that my current knitting is utterly, totally mindless.
2. Listening to the ocean is where I want to be.
3. How does one spend that much money on clothes and that much money on makeup? Literally. How does one DO that?
4. The moon keeps me on track.
5. Please don't take my Kodachrome away.
6. This fills me with joy.
7. And as for the weekend, I need/want to rest.