19 September 2008

Friday Fill-ins






1. There is no need for 90% of the packaging that manufacturers use for their products.

2. Where in the heck did the idea that we should want to have a beer/cup of coffee/slice of pie with our president come from? I mean, really. Grow up.


3. All I could do is all I managed to do.

4. Prospects for whatever = "better not tell you now." My Magic 8-Ball just told me so.

5. The message is the message.

6. Simplicity and tranquility are not necessarily dependent on each other.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to buying Joan Osborne's new cd, tomorrow my plans include listening to Joan Osborne's new cd (and the cds that Pix and Kata made for me), and Sunday, I want to sit quietly and watch the chipmunks that play on the deck while I knit.

13 comments:

Janet said...

And so...Magic 8-Ball has spoken and thus it will be!

thanks for playing :-)

SmilingSally said...

I'm with you on that excessive packaging, especially the kind made NOT to be opened by human hands!

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I like your #3..All I could do is all I managed to do. How true for me, too!

Madeleine said...

I have to say, all your answers are great, wonderful imagination.

have a nice week-end

knitseashore said...

I so agree with #1. The plastic inside cardboard sleeves really gets me.

Thank you for sharing the poetry in the previous posts!

Paula said...

The Magic 8 Ball is my favorite decision making tools!

Carrie K said...

ITA w/#1.

I'd like to be able to have a cup of coffee with my President and not be afraid for my life or their intelligence. I think we can blame the cult of celebrity on that one - everyone has to be accessible - and not in an intellectually civic respectful way either. Wait until we vote for President by who's hot.

Oh. Wait. Never mind.

Jack said...

Let me know what the new Joan Osborne cd is like will ya?

Hope you had a great Friday and an even better weekend :)

Thanks for the visit - Jack

Deb R said...

I love your answer to #6! That's rather profound.

Hiding Behind Words said...

You are definitely right about simplicity and tranquility not being interdependent! Great answers!

Nana Sadie said...

Oh yes...having just bought a new "toy" that was completely encased in huge plastic that required a box cutter to open...and now there's a large bandaid on my thumb.
(sigh)
(((Hugs)))

Donna Lee said...

Do you have a spare chair there on the deck? I think I'd like to sit outside and knit for a while before the weather makes it impossible again. Too many skeeters in my yard.

Jennifer said...

That is so true about the packaging. That's why I try to recycle as much packaging possible.