25 December 2007

teabird's first tigerpaw

tigerpaw1 I decided to improvise a sock - plain 2 x 2 ribbing, stockinette leg and foot, Eye of Partridge heel - so that I could pay attention to the sock and knit it as a meditative project instead of "it doesn't look like the picture and I'm a failure." It worked!

I c/o 48 stitches and loosely followed the sock recipe in Sensational Knitted Socks, just to get the numbers right. It fits perfectly.

Now I'll cast on for the second peaceful, dove-grey tigerpaw sock...

(I hope the menagerie will approve!)

tigerpaw2

10 comments:

Penny said...

:) wonderful! looks nice and comfy.

Larjmarj said...

Well done!!!

Sensational Knitted Socks is an awesome book. It gives so many options. One of my fav's.

Merry X-mas!

Unknown said...

wonderful.

i love to knit that way.. to just knit, and let the yarn do what it wants to. I am most definately a process knitter, (with occational bouts of product knitting)

Jennifer said...

Very nice! I love soothing knits.

Bridget said...

I.Love.It. Nice job, and I cannot imagine that the menagerie would not approve!

So, you've become a real sock knitter this past year - remember how scared you were when you started???

Becky said...

Peaceful sock knitting -- a wonderful achievement for the year!

Nana Sadie said...

YES! I am exactly the same...give me plain stockinette in the round knitting.
LOVE the gray tiger-paw...
(((hugs)))

Khadijha Caitlin said...

I'm all for relaxed knitting : )

Mistrmi said...

How could they not? I just love the image of you acuddle in a chair, with tea and sock knitting. . .

gfh said...

Lov-er-ly:)! Fantastic! And I'm so glad it was a peaceful knit for you! I'm still looking for that peace...
:)