Via Heather, a Holiday Meme. She suggested that I might want to adjust some of the questions, since I'm Jewish, but I decided to go with them. It's a great meme, and the spirit of the holiday season brings generosity and gratitude into focus for us all.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, definitely.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa may dispense with wrapping paper if he likes!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, twinkly lights. Lovely.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? no.....
5. When do you put up your decorations? You mean, rearrange my stuffed bunnies? They're with me all year round.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Sorry, it has to be dessert. Pfefferneuse.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? receiving a book I really wanted.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? um.......
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I'll open gifts anytime!
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? I always help decorate the tree in the library's staff room. I love icicles and candy canes.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread? At the beginning of winter, love it (under 4 "). By January, dread it (over 4").
12. Can you ice skate? HA! No. I can barely walk without falling. I'm way too clumsy to ice skate - unless you count the involuntary slippage where you lose your footing and break two ribs. (true)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A copy of Little Women from my grandfather.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Opportunities and excuses to make donations in my friends' honor, and to knit for them.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pfefferneuse!
16 What is your favorite holiday tradition? Reading Christmas Carol. Is that odd for a Jewish woman? I don't think so - it affirms generosity.
17. What tops your tree? um......
18. What is your favourite holiday book? Christmas Carol or Little Women.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "Good King Wenceslaus" - again, the spirit of generosity. Ye who now would bless the poor, shall yourself find blessing.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy? Yummy!
This year, especially this year, when so many are suffering from hunger, persecution, and the ravages of a brutal, unnecessary war, I will be donating to these organizations (and others) instead of buying (some) material gifts. My friends know me well.