16 November 2006

An aspirational meme

I found this one at Tales from the Reading Room -

What part of the past would you bring back if you possibly could?
My past? Good lord... Maybe the vacation that John and I took in London. I loved everything about London, from the Victoria & Albert Museum to the Orangerie to the very personable ravens at the Tower.

What character trait would you alter if you could?
My inability to confront anyone about anything (a/k/a masochism).

Which skill would you like to have the time and energy to really work on?
Is confidence a learnable skill? If not, then writing.

Are you money poor, love poor, time poor, or freedom poor?
Energy poor, actually, which points back to time and freedom.

What element of your partner's character would you alter if you could?
His anxiety.

What three things are you going to do next year that you've been meaning to do for ages but never got around to?
Knit socks, write every day (even if *just* in my journal), and pick up my guitar (after decades).

If your fairy godmother gave you three wishes, what would you wish for?
Energy, a straight back, and a cook.

What one thing would you change about your living conditions?
One thing? Reduce some of the paper clutter (and knit up more stash than I buy!)

How could the quality of your free time be improved?
It could be, sometimes, uninterrupted.

What change have you made to your life recently that you're most proud of?
Taking on some of the responsibility for Knit the Classics.

If anyone decides to tag herself, please share -
melanie

3 comments:

litlove said...

I really should have put energy poor on the list, as I'm that myself, and I can't bear confrontation either. Even when my head knows I should, my feet start taking me in the opposite direction! Lovely answers, Melanie!

Carrie K said...

I like that meme. A straight back and energy? Poor Melanie!

That button would be perfect for that blog. That is fabulous.

Nana Sadie said...

Yup...You got me on that one - on Nana Sadie's Place!
(((hugs)))