26 October 2006

How I wish...

I've decided to share bits of writings and poems on Tea Reads, as well as full-length reviews. I've posted a poem by Wallace Stevens that I found when I paused at Bloglily's this morning. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

What I wish for: time and serenity enough to read poetry, digging deep into one poet or scattershot through many.

My friend Janet shared this article with me: "Why is me time such a big deal?" Read it - at least you won't feel so alone in your riotous lives.

Why do I feel so melancholy today? I'm two days out from a migraine. This one slapped me in the head and stomach, but I was able to take care of those problems without too much agony. But it also attacked my eyes, and I had two days' worth of stabbing and aching-eye consciousness.

Oddly, I was able to watch a couple of episodes of "Brideshead Revisited" with my husband, in perfect comfort. Whatever would I do without his loving presence?

(By the way, not only is Bloglily's blog a delight, but so is the list of blogsites on her sidebar.)

3 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

I'm sorry to hear about that migraine and it's messing with your life! I've emailed you with a fabric, could you check it got thru your filters?
I will visit bloglily! If you like it, I expect I will too!
Feel better...soon.
(((hugs)))

Carrie K said...

Maybe it's the weather, I've had an off and on migraine for the last couple of weeks. (Thankfully off at the moment).

That me time article is so depressing. If we still can't find time in our lives for ourselves, with all the labor saving devices (electricity, running water, washing machines, dishwashers, dryers, microwaves) I'm afraid that it's a Human Condition. That whatever time we have, we'll manage to fill up with obligations no matter what.

Paula said...

OOoh I hate migraines! Have your tried lavender and peppermint oil rubbed on your temples? I found it at the health food store near me. I think it helps sometimes, that and a cold dark room and no one breathing or existing near me for several hours!!!

The me time is so important; I think that article is depressing also! I mean really, sometimes the best day is when I loose the cell phone!


I love how your hiking scarf is looking.