02 July 2010

It almost makes me wish I wasn't a puppet **

Lacy Baktus

I'm here. I am - overwhelmed - so today I'll just say that I've been knitting and spinning.
I finished the Lacy Baktus shawlette in time to wear it to the wake for my father-in-law.



Gaenor
I started a Gaenor shawlette in a beautiful deep plum variegated fingering, just a few days ago.





Northern Lights
I began to spin delicious Louet Northern Lights in the Teddy Bear colourway on Gidget, and we are doing very, very well. (This stuff spins itself. It's amazing.)

Northern Lights


I've started to photograph some of my spindles - you can browse them here, if you like. Many more are coming. Many. I've been a complete hog about spindles. 

My favourites are the smaller ones - 1 oz. or less - but I know the heavier will come in handy when I begin to ply up some of the spindled singles.

I've decided to participate in the 2010 Tour de Fleece as a member of Team Russian Underpants. (Um, Russian Underpants? Let the Tsarina explain.) My goal: spin every day.

And isn't
my Ravatar fetching in her TDF lampshade? Thank you, Lisa!


** As for the title of this post - That's just one of the delicious lines from Wickett's Remedy by Myla Goldberg. There's no way to put it into context without giving away part of the wicked funny part of the plot, so you'll just have to trust me. I'll get around to reviewing it, as well as her Bee Season, and anything else I've read. Really, I will.

10 comments:

Nicole said...

I think I'm going to do the Tour de Fleece, as well. Not sure I'll plan to spin even daily, but I need to come up with some kind of measurable goal... Hmm.

Your projects look lovely!

Bubblesknits said...

I've been thinking about doing the TDF, too. I've got empty bobbins, so...

Love the Baktus and the Gaenor.

LICraftgal said...

Oh Melanie, I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law!! My condolences. Your shawls are lovely!!

Nana Sadie said...

Love Gaenor - what a gorgeous yarn!
(((hugs)))

VeganCraftastic said...

Wow, you've got some lovely spindles, mine is just a plain one!

Donna Lee said...

I hadn't even realized the Tour was starting. We are all World Cup all the time here. My husband and daughters are following the soccer ball.

I love that plum color. that's not a pattern I've seen before and now I want to look it up.

Larjmarj said...

Everything looks great!

Carrie K said...

Your bunneh looks dashing.

I may read Wickett's Remedy based on that snippet alone.

ChelleC said...

How do you like your Bee wheel? I just bought a Mach ii used from a dealer and LOVE it. Now I'm hankering after a Bee, which I spun on briefly at a local fiber festival last Spring. Chelle

ChelleC said...

How do you like your Bee? I have a used Mach ii wheel that I just bought and ADORE. I am now going to start saving for a Bee because I'd like one of those too. It may be a while.