13 September 2007

I have created an illusion

First there is an owl - then there is no owl - then there is -
(With apologies to Donovan)

This is my first attempt at illusion knitting. The pattern is "Hedwig illusion," but I think she'd be nipping at me if she saw this unflattering picture!

Illusion knitting is an interesting technique. The design nearly is invisible unless you look at it slant (thank you, Emily), and even then it's more of a through-the-looking-glass-image than a certainty.

owl illusion 1

14 comments:

  1. Sorry for my absence. I have been thinking about you, just been trying to catch up on some writing and keep up with Gretchen. I've read over your latest and love the owl, the poem and the first line of your story. I used the generator, too but didn't like the garble of nonsense that came from it. I think my sentence was too long for it. I've finsihed my first ss and will submit later today, hopefully, or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat! I might have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first attempt appears to be a resounding success...wait, no it doesn't....oh! yes it does...

    Truly, very nicely done!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely! What does it look like from the top? Are there lines or stripes or a discernable pattern? It's sooooo much better than the "illusion" pictures with all the dots in them. Those things are evil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just all over new-experience knitting, aren't you? You sly daredevil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think Hedwig would mind being immortalized like that. It looks good from here. I have never seen illusion knitting. It looks intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't illusion knitting fun? I like the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really neat! It is like magic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eventually, maybe, someday... I'll be able to knit like you do! Maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've come back to tell you that I've tagged you for a meme. Please come by and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only tried illusion knitting once, but it's great! That's a fantastic Hedwig, and I must try it soon!

    ReplyDelete